- RAM (Random Access Memory)
- Simple Explanation: RAM is a type of computer memory that stores data that the computer is currently using, providing fast access for processing tasks.
- Practical Example: When you open multiple applications on your computer, the RAM stores the data and instructions needed for their execution.
- Advanced Explanation: RAM is volatile memory that works closely with the processor, allowing quick access to data and significantly impacting overall system performance.
- Additional Resources:
- How RAM Works: https://computer.howstuffworks.com/ram.htm
- Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random-access_memory
« Back to Glossary Index