- Also know as: “OS”
- Simple Explanation: The software that manages and controls a computer’s basic functions, such as running applications and communicating with hardware.
- Example: Windows, macOS, or Linux are operating systems that provide an interface for users to interact with their computers.
- Advanced Explanation: The system software that acts as an intermediary between users and computer hardware, managing tasks such as memory management, file system operations, and process scheduling.
- Additional Resources: Introduction to Operating Systems – GeeksforGeeks
- Wikipedia Link: Operating System
« Back to Glossary Index